Hands on experience, real impact.
- Interact on social media: Start a conversation with @Givology on Facebook and Twitter and invite your friends to follow us!
- Spread the word: Share our link with your family and friends and encourage them to register and give to grassroots education causes
- Hold a fundraiser: Plan a fundraiser with friends - every little bit counts! Check out our chapters guidebook for fun ideas
- Write a letter: Send one of our students an encouraging letter through our messaging function
- Advocate for education: Check out our reading list for education, read through our editorials for education, watch our youtube archive of videos. Share what you've learned with your friends
- Participate in a Givology campaign: From essay and video contests to holiday challenges, join in on Givology-wide initiatives
- Write a blog post: Draft a blog post related to issues in education philanthropy globally, or your own personal experiences in the field. Post to your Givology profile and submit to our newsletter at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other: Be creative! We're welcome new ideas to help raise funding and awareness for our projects and students
Our volunteers are indispensable to our work and we welcome you to join us in any way that you can. Whether you have 5 minutes or 5 hours, there are plenty of opportunities to get involved!
Log volunteer hours through our dashboard
Start/join a Givology chapter in your local community
Apply to our fellowship and internship programs
Hold a fundraiser or make Givology a portion of proceeds beneficiary
Join the Givology team as a volunteer
Join our community, register as a donor, and start logging your volunteer hours: even if you only have 5 minutes to spare, there's plenty that you can do! We strongly believe that small hours and small dollars aggregate in a powerful force of change. Through your dashboard, you can track your volunteer hours and impact over time:
Start/join a Givology chapter: Givology chapters are affiliated groups that work closely with our team to make a difference in their local communities. Often taking the form of school clubs or independent volunteer groups, Givology chapters recruit volunteers, establish their annual goals, hold fundraising and awareness building events in their local community, and serve as ambassadors of Givology. Our chapters are core to our strength - we rely on our chapters to raise funding through events, spread awareness about our education causes, brainstorm and execute creative campaigns, and help us connect with more people. Starting a Givology chapter is a powerful way to make an impact and inspire your community to act! Check out our chapters page for more details and to find a chapter near you!.
Apply to our fellowship and internship programs: Givology internships provide you hands-on non-profit experience, while a fellowship gives you a chance to travel abroad and interact with our students and families. Interns work closely with members of the Givology executive team, and have the opportunity to gain practical skills in public relations, marketing, communications, fundraising, finance, technology, and social media, among other functions. Given our 100% volunteer philosophy, we give interns a unique opportunity to lead a project and to come up with creative solutions to help us achieve our mission. For those looking for an experience abroad, our fellows serve as our eyes and ears by visiting our field partners and volunteering in their programs, while helping us collect updates, document impact, and conduct diligence. Furthermore, our fellows pursue education research and consulting projects and blog about their experiences for our website and newsletter. Please check out our internships page and fellowships page for more details about the program, the application progress, and the requirements.
Hold a fundraiser or make Givology a portion of proceeds beneficiary: Whether you're about to run a marathon or to hold a gathering for friends, considering adding a social impact dimension by making Givology a part of your event! In the past, we've had inspiring people and businesses hold events on our behalf, from art & photography exhibitions, fashion night outs, comedy show performances, bake sale proceeds, cruise parties, battle of the bands, and high school service clubs making Givology the beneficiary of campus fundraisers, among many other activities. Holding a fundraiser for Givology or dedicating a portion of your event's earnings truly reaches communities and students all over the world. Check out the fundraising section in our chapters guidebook for various ideas! We're very happy to help you get started by providing Givology informational materials and our full marketing/PR support to make your event and campaign a success! Please reach out to email@example.com, and we'll get in touch shortly to discuss how we can help.
Join Givology as a volunteer: If you'd like a more fully engaged experience with Givology, consider joining our team as a volunteer. As a Givology volunteer, you'll be integrally involved with our activities, including social media, marketing, blogging and research, event and fundraiser planning, translation, among other activities. To get started, please send us a cover letter and resume, along with your estimated weekly time availability at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a 100% volunteer organization, we welcome all volunteers of all backgrounds, ages, and experiences, and truly believe that time is one of the most valuable resources anyone can give. From 5 minutes to 50 hours, every bit counts.