Depression could be loosely defined as psychological ailment where individuals feel immensely sad and lose interest in activities that they once found fascinating. They might also exhibit wide range of physical or behavioral symptoms like changes in appetite, sleep, concentration, stamina, self-esteem, etc. Before seeking professional assistance, please be thoroughly acquainted with certain vital facts.
1. Depression might strike anytime. But after extensive research, medical practitioners all across globe said usual age of inception is 30.
2. Women are approximately 70% more likely to experience this particular disorder than men. Certain theories suggest longer life expectancy causes further subjection to loss. Also biological and genetic factors play a major role.
3. Grief is an obvious reaction to painful situations but depression is something more. Apart from being unhappy, entire physical health is adversely affected.
4. Myth says children are utterly joyful, and hardly have any care in world. While they might not undergo financial pressures or work-related stress, children suffer from their unique set of problems like bullying or tussle for peer acceptance.
5. Now even though it might seem strange but people can catch depression just like any other communicable disease? A study conducted in 2013 showed that when one person in a group ruminates on negatives, and let those get him or her down, the said attitude rubs off on everybody else.
6. Sometimes people remain depressed for a good reason. For example, they have lost their job or going through a rough divorce. But in case of clinical depression, there does not necessarily be a reason for which people are feeling down. Chemicals generated by brain regulating mood simply fails to function properly forcing one to feel bad regardless of significant aspects in his or her life turning out well.
7. Food and beverages can impact depression to a great extent. Complying with a high-fat diet causes gut bacteria to reach brain, thus, increasing chances of feeling miserable. On other hand, eating small but well-balanced meals along with comfort items such as ice creams, chocolates, cookies, etc. frequently minimize mood swings quite in a seamless manner.
8. While people try looking out for triggers, there might be none. Major depressive disorder often happens even when one does not experience anything traumatic. Yet detecting five key signs namely hopelessness, agitation, personality alteration, poor self-care practices, and incapacity to attend social gatherings might be helpful.
9. Finally, yet importantly, some people perceive depression as a dead-end from where they can never recover. This is not true. Any mental problem is curable either through counseling or over-the-counter medications. Few natural remedies have also proven effective. For example, indulging in workout sessions or meditating regularly boost production of happy neurotransmitters namely serotonin, endorphin, etc.
Many individuals try suppressing or neglecting depression, earnestly hoping it would go away gradually. Doing so, however, invites diverse irreversible consequences. A top-notch [url=https://www.integrativetherapyla.com/]therapist in Los Angeles[/url] said lack of proper analysis and treatment can unfortunately pave way for insomnia, alcohol abuse, zero sexual urge, tremors, memory loss, etc. Thinking about committing suicide is another dangerous side-effect. [font="Iskoola Pota","sans-serif"][/font]
Tom Clark's Blog
Must be logged in to comment.