Among all cosmetic treatments readily available, rhinoplasty has managed to acquire widespread recognition. Besides effectually restoring form and function of a nose so that it appears aesthetically pleasing, this particular procedure can also provide utmost relief from congenital breathing troubles, snoring, and sinus. Now instead of advising on how exactly one must choose a proficient, credible, and experienced surgeon, as internet is replete with such articles, I have jotted down ten definite things, which an individual must implement after going through rhinoplasty.
1. Consuming anti-inflammatory medications for managing pain without any sort of consultation is not really a good idea probably because these can dilate blood vessels largely, hence, aggravate swelling, bruising, bleeding, etc.
2. Applying frozen peas or ice pack just on cheeks and around eyes can alleviate blemishes without hassle. However, make sure to never rub ice cubes directly on skin as that might lead to excruciating frostbites.
3. While hitting gym or indulging in strenuous exercises is obviously not recommended, walking slowly can actually expedite overall healing. It increases blood circulation and allows fluids to move throughout body.
4. Taking break from a jam-packed or hectic schedule after rhinoplasty is mandatory. Patients should not go to work for at least a week or engage in an adventurous sport perhaps. They must avoid stress under all circumstances by simply lying on bed.
5. Strictly complying with a nutritious diet can alleviate adverse side-effects. Spicy dishes are off limits because they can unfortunately irritate nasal passages. For few days, patients are advised to eat only soft food items such as soup, smoothie, oatmeal, mashed potatoes, etc.
6. Restricting salt intake can minimize inflammation in a seamless manner. According to latest research, sodium is known for escalating fluid retention, which can exacerbate adverse reactions such as discoloration, skin sensation, etc.
7. Patients can shower the very next day following surgery but keeping splint and tape on nose dry all times is highly essential. Thus, baths using gentle soap and shampoo might be a more viable choice.
8. After tape and splint are removed on the seventh day most probably, washing affected area with utmost caution is necessary. Instead of being aggressive, tender circular motions would reduce oiliness as well as not break sutures.
9. Wearing spectacles is prohibited for about four to six weeks. However, if a person has to put on glasses, he or she must use foam perhaps to slip in between, which would not disturb healing process in any manner. Smearing sunscreen lotions or relying on a hat especially before venturing out during daytime is also compulsory
10. Finally, yet importantly, patients must seek medical assistance immediately if bleeding persists for more than fifteen minutes and keep getting worse. They should also report a doctor on experiencing fever, numbness, abnormal swelling, odorous discharge, redness, warmth, etc.
Keeping each tip specified above would most surely pave way for speedy recovery after a [url=http://www.drg-plasticsurgeon.co.za/Rhinoplasty.aspx]rhinoplasty surgery[/url]. Now isn’t that absolutely amazing? An individual must also adhere to other additional instructions offered by a healthcare expert.
Tom Clark's Blog
Must be logged in to comment.