The mobile classroom will use a better approach to save power consumption and reduce electrical bills for the school. We want for the room to be independent by relying mostly on solar energy. To achieve this, we are now using a mini computer called the Raspberry Pi, to replace the traditional Desktop PCs gradually. An experimental trial of this device gave successful results in 2012. We will use 25 microcomputers for each container classroom that we build.
What makes our idea unique?
- We recycle old shipping containers for the purpose of education.
- The shipping containers have a durable steel construction
- The shipping containers classroom are mobile, and can be moved from one school to another
- The shipping containers classroom are connected to the internet via GSM
- We use the Raspberry Pi, a microcomputer that only costs 35$.
- We use energy-efficient microcomputers suitable for developing countries
- We solve the problem of electricity by using solar power and energy-efficient devices
- We use affordable microcomputers: 10 times cheaper than a regular desktop PCs
- Our microcomputers run free open source software